2010年10月22日星期五

GPS

With the advent of high tech century, the transportation system and has become increasingly advanced and thousands of  interlaced roads complicated have been built. It is a big deal for a driver if he does not very familiar with the routes. 
GPS, as we all know, is the abbreviation of Global Positioning System. It is likely to get lost in numerous intersections in highways unless you possess a GPS. As shown in the picture, GPS is almost a handy electronic product with a square screen. It can be accessed in the car easily and guide drivers which direction to go directly. In my personal experience, what I know about GPS is just like a "teacher" teaching a driver where to go in each turn while driving and bring a lot of convenience. Actually, this is only the surface of the utilization that I can observe. 
I find that both advantages and disadvantages are existed. It is available to report the police in emergence, looking for relevant information about the car itself and road situation, record, analysis, and playback the historical data,etc. On the contrary, some users' feedback indicate that it takes too much time to fix position and weak signal. After deeply understanding more functions and feedback of GPS, this kind of invention still need to be improved in inner part. 
If I were interested in this domain or specifically, this product, I will collect sufficient feedback from the product users and focus on improving the focal problem. I could see myself, possibly, designing a perfect GPSx for drivers to enjoy their relaxed driving without worrying about any kinds of problems.


3 条评论:

  1. Nice work! I appreciate your idea about both the positive and negative idea rised by the appearance of GPS. Admittedly, my father use GPS in my hometown as well. Everytime when it detect the camera ahead of us, the GPS will remind us so that my father will slow down the speed a little bit. However, as soon as there is no warn from GPS, my father will speed up a little because he knew there is no monitor. This disobeies the initial purpose of GPS, which make the electronic detecter lose effect and will in some level increase the chance of traffic accident. However, what GPS do help us is the auto-map role which tremendously reduces the missing road problem. What's more, if you could be more specific about how to improve the GPS, it would be better. All in all, I like this post!

    回复删除
  2. I quite agree with you that GPS has both advantages and drawbacks, and I think problems should be solved step by step.
    Like you mentioned, there're problems considering weak signals, so one step to improve this problem is to build signal transmitter strong enough.
    Also, as you mentioned, getting feedback from customers is also a good method to spot problems.

    回复删除
  3. talking about gps, it's already melt into our life , people are never afiriad of getting lost no more. i have an idea about GPS. i'm thinking if we could put a micro gps in a watch , and add a small button, when we push the button , there will be data transmitting to some agency. the data could represent anything, like we you are kinapped or in danger, you could not use your phone , just click that button so that police could trace you though gps , and finally save you!

    回复删除